There are several ways to remove skin from a pineapple. The one I use when doing a fruit display for a wedding is different than how it would be cut to serve to your family.
Slicing for a fruit display:
• Remove the top and bottom of the pineapple with a serrated knife. Set the top to the side (this can be used as a decoration for the display.
• Place the bottom on a cutting board, using the serrated knife moving from top to bottom slice off the skin (don’t worry if all the eyes are not removed in the first pass, they will remove them later).
• After the skin has all been removed and discarded, cut the pineapple in half and slice each half into half.
• To remove the core: one at a time place the pineapple face down on the cutting board; cup your hand around the outside. Using the knife at a 45 degree slice down towards the inside of the pineapple.
• Slice in to thin pieces to use on your display.
Slicing for your family:
• Remove the top and bottom of the pineapple with a serrated knife.
• Slice the pineapple in half and then in half again.
• Remove any eyes for the pineapple.
• Remove the core and cut the pineapple into cubes.
The Cooper House and Event Center offers several catering packages for weddings, parties, business lunches, and other special events that you may be considering. Please see our new menus here.
Remember… Our guests may not remember exactly what we did, or even what we said. But they will always remember the way we made them feel. And now our special touch from the kitchen.